Translate

Sunday 4 May 2014

It is all over now

So that is it. Another football season draws to a close. I should be sad, but I am not. Why should I be sad ? Because I have finally, after too many years to mention, decided that Shrewsbury Town is not for me and I shall not be renewing my season ticket. They limped out of League 1 with hardly any effort at all. The players did not perform, the Chairman decided to run the club as a business and the manager watched on with his hands in his pockets. If you run a club as a business then you must surely provide a spectacle for your customers. STFC did not and it is that, rather than relegation, that made me decide that enough was enough. That and the fact that I enjoyed the Alliance and WM Leagues more.
I shall not be giving up watching football any time soon though. Next season I shall devote my support to Proper Football. In fact I am off to the Cup Final on Tuesday. Not two fancy Dan Premier League sides [whoever they are] but the Proper Cup Final. Tipton Vs Quorn at Walsall’s ground. May the best team win.
See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment