Translate

Saturday 6 April 2013

                       Evo-Stik Northern Premier League-Premier Division

                                    Rushall Olympic v Ashton United

This will be,probably,my shortest report yet.I'll start at the beginning.My intention was for me and Pete to go to watch Continental Star v Highgate United(WMRL).Star play at Rushalls' ground but were not playing until this evening so when we arrived and were told R O were playing,we thought 'ok,we're here and we'll watch the game'.Now I have seen R O play before and have to say I don't like their style(a la Stoke,if you get my drift),but was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt as it was probably 2 years ago I last saw them. Nothing has changed.It was bloody dire;the worst match either of us has seen all season.Olympics' strategy is straight out of Mick McCarthys' handbook...'put a shift in lads,get stuck into 'em', but is garnished Pulis style,ie,hit the bloody ball as hard and as high as you can.We were waiting for the ball to come down covered in ice and smash into smithereens on the ground.Ashton played more or less the same style but they did at least have the one bright spot of the afternoon in their number 11 Chris Amadi who looked out of place amongst these hoofers.It's quite odd really as we are mostly used to Midland Alliance and West Midlands(Regional)League football which you would expect to be inferior to NPL but is actually a much higher standard(on this showing anyway)
So that's it.Couldn't wait for the game to end and I'll not be going back there any time soon.Rubbish,bloody rubbish. Here are some pictures.





Admission;£4(concession)
Programme;£2
Coffee;£1(v.good,not the cheapo crap)
Weather;getting better
Ref;did his best but.....

No comments:

Post a Comment