Translate

Saturday 25 May 2013

C'est la vie....... Time for cricket.

So bye-bye Proper Football for the time being and hello to summer(if we get one)sport.I suspect my wife had visions of me going shopping with her on Saturday afternoons while the football is in temporary abeyance.WHAT ! No chance; ne; non; nein; ohi; nie; niet.........   get the picture ? So,summer, sport......it's got to be cricket!


For those not versed in the appeal of the game it 's difficult to explain.It's just so.........English.It's sunny days; it's warm beer ; it's silly mid-off,point,yorker,stonewalling.It's falling asleep in your canvas chair even while they're playing.
Today was the perfect day to sit and watch a game of cricket.The sun was out.It was warm.I was comfortable in my chair.I fell asleep.A little glimmer of summer.

Time for orange juice.



During my slumber I missed three batsmen being given out and was just in time to see the end of the innings.

Our feathered friend is either not interested in the game or has been given out !


End of the innings.

It's not Proper Football and it will rarely get the pulse racing but it's different.It's cricket and it's ours.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment