Translate

Saturday 14 June 2014

World Cup News

                                                          The Story So Far
Change seems to be a dirty word in the world of football,from the top - Ms Blatter(I think I'll stay in post till I'm 150) & his cronies(alleged bribes;why,even Herr Beckenbauer seems to be tainted!) to the bottom, where diving,cheating,play-acting and downright brutality co-exist with brilliance. But change is a'coming;where Alex Song does his best to break someones' leg, Van Persie and Robben show us how real football can be.Where Brazil continue their cynical game,the hitherto 'unbeatable' Spanish are put to the sword by simply being outplayed.Welcome to the World Cup !

My opinions :

Brazil v Croatia.
True Champions have the right mix of skill allied to a degree of cycnism.Once again the cynical side of Brazils' game reared its' ugly head, Fred going down like he'd been hit with a shovel.Neymar pole-axing a Croatian with his elbow.They are being 'looked after' - again. Croatia look a decent side should not be dismissed just yet.

Mexico v Cameroon.
Mexico have a good team but didn't really start playing until the second half. Cameroon need to concentrate more on tactics and less on their rippling abbs.Is it my imagination or is Samuel Eto doing his best to look like a young Nelson Mandela ?

Spain v Holland.
The Spanish have now been shown that their 'ticka-tacka',wicka-wacka,shitta-shatta,bloody mind-numbing game can be beaten by playing 'Proper Football'.I'd like to think we've seen the last of that,but won't hold my breath.Holland; what a breath of fresh air ! When these two met in the 2010 WC Final the Dutch kicked the living shit out of the Spanish. The've realised there's a better way of beating them - football !

Chile v Australia
There was a time in this game where I could se a cricket score developing but fair play to the Aussies,they dug in and could have turned it around.Chile are most folks' 'dark horses'. I dont see that.They're good and could go far but lack that other important ingredient - cynism !

For what it's worth,at risk of being hung,drawn and quartered,I think Italy will beat England tonight but I really hope I have to hold my hands up and say 'I was wrong !' 

Chaio !

No comments:

Post a Comment